- Each player may reveal a Province from his hand.
If you do, discard it and gain a Prize (from the Prize pile) or a Duchy, putting
it on top of your deck.
If no-one else does, +1 Card +1 Coin.
- First you get +1 Action. Then each player, including
you, may reveal a Province card from his hand. Then, if you
revealed a Province, discard that card, and you gain a Prize of your
choice, or a Duchy, putting whatever card you took on top of your
deck. If there were no cards in your deck, it becomes the only card
in your deck. There are five Prizes, set out at the start of the game;
see Preparation. You can only take a Prize from the Prize pile. You
can take any Prize from the Prize pile; you do not have to take the
top one. You can take a Duchy instead, whether or not the Prizes
have run out. You can opt to take a Duchy even if the Duchy pile
is empty, or a Prize even if no Prizes are left; in these cases you gain
nothing. After gaining your card or not, if no other player revealed
a Province, you draw a card and get +1 Coin . So this card will play out
one of four ways:
1) if you do not reveal a Province and no-one else does either, you
will get +1 Action +1 Card +1 Coin;
2) if you reveal a Province and no one else does, you will gain a
Prize or a Duchy and draw it, as well as get +1 Action +1 Coin;
3) if you reveal a Province and so does someone else, you will get
+1 Action and gain a Prize or a Duchy, which will be on top of your
4) if you do not reveal a Province but someone else does, you will
just get +1 Action.
When you gain a Prize, take whichever remaining Prize you want.
You can look through the Prizes that players have not gained yet
whenever you want.